The Center for Modelling and Simulation in the Biosciences
(BIOMS), Heidelberg, Germany, is offering several positions for
Postdoctoral Scientists for the period January 2017-
The research of the center (www.bioms.de) is promoting the
use of modeling and simulation in the biosciences and is
integrated in the network BIOQUANT (www.bioquant.uni-heidelberg.de),
the latter including live cell imaging research and technology
platforms. BIOMS is a collaboratory of Heidelberg University,
the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ), the Heidelberg
Institute for Theoretical Studies (HITS), the European
Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) and the Max-Planck
Institute (MPI) for Medical Research.
The scientific program of BIOMS focusses on modeling
- biomechanics/biochemistry interactions on cellular and systems level,
- transport processes and biochemical reactions in signaling networks and metabolisms,
- information processing of signals on the cellular level,
- the development of biological structures and functionality on molecular and systems level.
The open positions are primarily geared towards young
scientists and limited to a maxium duration of 1-2 years. The
postdoctoral scientists are expected to cooperate with one of
the teams within BIOMS network, including experimentalists.
BIOMS is particularly interested in cooperation in
modelling and simulations of
- influences of environmental factors on cellular processes and on the functions of cells and cell systems,
- biochemistry and biophysics of cell movement,
- dynamics of cell populations in particular of the immune system in connection with inflammation,
- biomolecular processes relevant for the dynamics of SIRS and CARS.
Applications should be submitted electronically by
January 7th, 2017 and sent to email@example.com
(BIOMS coordinators Prof. Willi Jäger and Prof. Ursula
Kummer, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing)
Required documents (in one single pdf-file, please):
scientific CV, certificate of PhD, PhD thesis in digital
version, list of publications, survey on the previous research
(1 page max.) and planned future research in particular a
sketch of the research project during the stay as BIOMS Postdoc
(2 pages max.), information on cooperation partner(s) in the
participating institutions of BIOMS.